At the Races

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ezra wasn't the only one to race last Saturday. The kids and I (Lisa) signed up for a 1K Hike 'n Bike. The idea was that we could cover the short course together with me pushing Amanda in the stroller. Yes, I am eight months pregnant, but one kilometer is practically NOTHING!
Here we are just after checking in. We still have fifteen minutes before our race starts.
Natalie and Brendan were bored, so they started running up and down the steps. Good warm up for their race muscles. Plus, it was chilly outside.


Here we are lined up at the starting line. When the kids heard "GO," they took off (Natalie running and Brendan on his bike) faster than I have ever seen either of them move. So much for staying together. Running is not option for someone in my condition. I didn't see the kids again until the finish line, where they had already finished their snacks and drink and had gotten tired of waiting for me.
And by the way, that race was at least two kilometers, probably more like 2.5. Even in my current state, I can walk a mile in twenty minutes. I was walking my very fastest and it took me thirty-five minutes to finish. That's a mean trick for Parks & Rec to play on a pregnant lady. All in all, a great first "race" experience for the kids. As for me, I should have just waited for them at the finish line and saved my energy.

After our race, we went to go meet Ezra at the half marathon.

My champion runners:

4 comments:

Allison June 20, 2008 at 11:52 PM  

Rock on Lisa! :) That looks like fun! And congrats Ezra!!

Anonymous,  July 30, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

Good to see you still have those running shoes on. Cute family. Hey Ez, I just drove through Hemet for the first time a few weeks ago, I thought of you. Not much there huh?
congrats-
Pam

The PM July 30, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

No Pam, there isn't much there at all... a few friends, my parents, and lots of memories. Hopefully we'll be back next Thanksgiving.

Ezra

Post a Comment