The Deck is In!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

After a few very late nights and a very long Saturday, the deck is finally in! We used to have a Jacuzzi built into our deck, but it was too much of a temptation for a certain 4 year old so we gave it away. We were left with a huge hole in the deck which finally got filled in!




Note how well Natalie is holding the nail for spacing between boards.

I can't tell you how many boxes of screws I went through to build this thing. Even worse, I must have taken 30 trips to Home Depot. I've never built a deck before!

2 comments:

meg October 20, 2007 at 11:44 AM  

Good for you Natalie, next you'll be drilling the screws in yourself.

Leyla... October 23, 2007 at 2:48 PM  

What a lovely assistant you have! Way to go! If the deck looks like anything you else you guys have worked on, I'm sure it's perfect! We have not stepped foot into a Home Depot since we left Lakewood!

Post a Comment