Reverently, Quietly . . .

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Today in sacrament meeting a two-year-old girl struggled to get past her six-year-old brother.  He was guarding the aisle and keeping her in the row by bracing his feet against the bench in front of him.  It was one of those magic moments in a sacrament meeting when the speaker has the congregation's full attention and they were hanging on his every word.  The two-year-old flung out her arms, stomped her feet and shrieked in frustration. The child's mother whispered, "Don't hit your brother!"  She replied in a loud and angry voice, "I didn't hit him, I kicked him!"

Sheesh, those Richards kids.  I don't know why those parents can't teach their kids how to behave at church.

2 comments:

Allison January 23, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

Oh Lisa, I'm glad that mine aren't the only kids yelling out random stuff at church! Nate yelled out "Stop touching me!" two or three times as I grabbed him as he was trying sneak under the pew! Church can be so exciting. Thanks for the laugh! :)

wyochatfields January 25, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

A couple of weeks ago Kaden yelled out "I farted" in Sacrament. We know how you feel.

Christy

Post a Comment