Blue Lake Runs

Monday, October 19, 2009

During the pre flu era (last week) I trained for a 15k run at Blue Lake in Gresham. The purpose was very selfish, I wanted to see how fast I could run.

Of course, I've dragged Lisa and the kids all over Portland to various races this summer. When I hit her up with this race, started off with, "Remember Blue Lake and the great play equipment they have there? They have a kids race! oh and did I mention a 15k!"

Natalie was at soccer so we took the other three and one of Brendan's friends.



At the start of the half mile run. I think the two boys were a little intimidated by #314.


This is Bren crossing the finish line. The funniest part was when anyone tried to pass him, he would speed up until they gave up. Then he would slow down to his little trot.

I didn't really like the pictures that came out for me, but I will say that I ran well. 7:13 average per mile and 11th place overall. That was good enough for 2nd in my age group. Not bad for my first attempt to be competitive.

And if anyone tries to tell you to carbo load by skipping all carbs for a few days and then piling on the pasta, don't do it. It is an evil trick to ruin your glory for a few days after the run.

0 comments:

Post a Comment