Snake

Sunday, July 26, 2009


Written by Lisa:

I hate snakes. Hate them hate them hate them. Normally, they inspire shivers up and down my spine, a racing heartbeat, and a "creepy-crawly" feeling for the rest of the day.

Yesterday I was out in the backyard when this big guy slithered by about 12 inches from my foot. I did not freak out, my heart did not race, I didn't even move. I calmly called the kids to come see and to bring the camera. I proudly showed Ezra this photo tonight thinking he would be amazed at my newfound reptile maturity. The only thing he said was, "Why didn't you catch it????"

I guess I'll pat myself on the back. Good job, me.

2 comments:

Shannon Bousfield July 27, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

I'd probably have chosen the run, scream and stand on a chair reaction. Tell Ezra to catch his own darn snakes.

Rachel July 27, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

Ick... I hate them with a passion too. We had snakes in our house in Centerville. I hated gardening (something I usually enjoy) because I'd always run into them. Stupid reptiles. But good for you Lisa... not sure I could have remained calm.

Post a Comment