Visualization of Hood to Coast Results

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Remember, I'm an absolute data geek...so please have patience with me.

When I ran Hood to Coast with the Team "Runs in the Family", we placed 201st in the Mixed Masters group. So I grabbed the race results and plugged them into my new favorite website - Many Eyes. The site takes your data and plugs it into different visual graphics. Just think of user friendly Excel that helps you visualize results and interact with the graph.

So how did our finish time compare to other teams?


The professional teams are to the far left. My team finished 201st.

How fast were the teams from the different cities?


Each color represents a city. The larger the circle, the slower the time. If you mouse over the circle you can see the team name and place they finished.

And lastly, the distribution of where we finished.


Thanks for listening...I got the "That's nice dear" look from Lisa when I showed her...

I promise to not show any more math or running posts for a long time...

1 comments:

Marci September 14, 2008 at 6:03 PM  

Ezra and Lisa,
Bonnie told me at the family reunion that you had a blog and I thought I would stop in to say, "Hi." Congrats on the new baby, she is super cute! Congrats on the Hood to Coast relay, Ezra! We have some good friends that run in that relay every year. Good for you! I hope all is well with you and that you are able to function with four, because I can barely handle my two. It would be fun to keep in touch with you now. Take care and I look forward to hearing from you. ~Marci

Post a Comment