Hood to Coast

Tuesday, August 26, 2008


What Hood to Coast is NOT:
-A trail some tree hugger treks each year
-A rap song about the homeboy Richards clan (wouldn't even know where to start)
-Wearing a hoodie while you snorkle...
-The latest Oregon Rain gear (environmentally friendly of course)
-Something I want to do again in the next 350 days

What is it really?

A 197 mile relay race from Mt. Hood to the Oregon coast. Twelve people to a team and over 1000 teams participating. Imagine traffic jams, no sleep, sweaty runners, and way to many crazy people torturing themselves to finish the race.

But we had a blast....

Heddie, my sister, came up and showed us how the pros do it. At one point I even heard someone say, "Dang she's fast! She's even faster than when she started!"

Above you can see the cheering squad at the end of our first run. The whole family made it!

Below is our team. I'll tell you, by the end of this race I knew everyone very well...


What a great time...if you ever get a chance, I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

jenny August 29, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

wow, ezra, i'm impressed. lisa, you look great. hope all is well!

Allison August 30, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

WOW! That's cool. It looks like a lot of work but very rewarding. And I love the pic of your cheering squad!

Michelle August 31, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

Lisa,
I don't know how or when the thought popped in my head, but I started thinking "Hey, I wonder if Lisa has a blog?". YAYAYAYAYAYA! I didn't have to search long because I found you! I am soooo glad I took the time. It has been so long since I have seen you, and it has been MORE than a pleasure to get a glimpse into your life through your blog. Your family is DARLING! Congrats on the little new one. I can't believe how much your son looks like you. I spent some time back reading and I am really glad I did. You have become an amazing woman/wife/mother. Thank you for all of the fun memories I have of you. I love you and if it is okay with you...I just may 'lurk' more to see how your gang is getting along. Treasure those little monkeys you have, and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
All my love,
Cousin Michelle
xoxo

Post a Comment